Wednesday, October 25, 2006

NAPOLEON : The Next Big Thing in DONUTS???



Questions & Answers:


Q: Are these donuts out to steal Krispy Kreme's thunder?
A: NO. Not yet, they are only available in the 2nd Floor
Food Court of MEDICAL CITY, as far as I know.

Q: Are these donuts worth the trip and the P40 parking fee?
A: YES. The Strawberry Glazed donuts are the best I've tasted,
beating out GoNuts, HotLoops, Dunkin'Donuts, & Mr. Donut.

Q: Why are these donuts named after Monsieur Bonaparte?
A: NO idea. Although the blurb on the box promises:
"Greatness With Every Bite!"

And to answer your question,
YES, it's a promise fulfilled.

Maybe Napoleon was hiding donuts in his shirts....
hence, his most famous pose:



My kumpare Herb d' Perv,
Medical City's Graphic Artist,
has been convincing me to try these for the longest time.

I finally visited him this morning,
and we went straight up to the Food Court,
just a floor above his office.

A small counter, blink and you'll miss it,
is the 1st NAPOLEON DONUTS store ever.


I'm glad I didn't blink,
because I saw some of the most gorgeous donuts ever:
Jelly Donuts with real Smucker's filling;
Strawberry Glaze with visible berry bits;
The Banana Caramel topped with crushed walnuts!



and the Must Have, Can't Resist, OREO Donuts
which have, instead of a hole in the center,
one carefully peeled Oreo cream filling,
and surrounding it,
a very generous dusting of finely crumbled Oreo cookies.

I ate both my Oreo donuts too quickly to take pix,
but here are some OREO-riffic images from
TheBachelorGirl.com!

To paraphrase Gov. Schwarzenneger,
"I'LL BE BACK...
to Terminate more of these Donuts!"

3 Comments:

Blogger nina said...

I was just at Medical City and my sister bought a box of Napoleon. I agree, it's gooooood. I like that they're offering different flavors, not just the usual baston creme and barbarian.

Speaking of Napoleon... have you tried Reli's Napoleones?

October 26, 2006 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger nina said...

I meant Roli's. Doh. They have a cart at SM Megamall, in front of El Pollo Loco, and at The Block at SM North in front of Our Home.

I *must* try that Oreo donut. Haha, I'm looking forward to going to the doctor's clinic because of donuts.

October 27, 2006 at 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!
Daye here of Napoleon Donuts..thanks so much for all the good words!
We'll soon be opening our Napoleon Donuts Cafe at SilverCity Mall,Frontera Verde in Ortigas..watch out for it real soon!

November 8, 2006 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!