Monday, October 23, 2006

a MARRIAGE made in heaven....



Meal, Combat:
generic U.S. Military provisions
packed in olive green cans.
complete with toothpick & matches.

My dad used to get my brother and I
boxes of this stuff from Cartimar
whenever we'd go camping during
our days as De La Salle Boy Scouts.

As I grew older,
the term became "Combat Meal";
and it took on a whole new meaning.

Hard Partying became my weekly warfare,
and my pre-party sustenance became my new Combat Meal.

My favorite Combat Meal
was SPAM (or if on a budget, Ma Ling),
fried til crispy in Anchor Butter,
then an egg fried in the same yellow oil,
and finally,
kanin lamig turned into sinangag,
still using the same Spam-Egg-Butter flavored goodness.

The theory being,
all the oil would line my stomach,
hence delaying the absorption of alchohol
into my bloodstream, and my inevitable inebriation.

Substituting Bacon for Spam in that cardiac special
was the height of decadence for me then.

And now, Spam with Bacon has arrived.

A marriage made in Heaven indeed.
God Bless the Hormel Folks!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Noelle Q. de Jesus said...

Yegods! I've seen this in the supermarkets, but I am terrified of bringing it home.

October 23, 2006 at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!