Tuesday, December 04, 2007

CHRISTMAS SODA

The first thing
I always do whenever
I arrive in another country?

Visit a Grocery or Supermarket!



This foodie believes that it's the best indicator
of how the people there live and eat on a daily basis.
A gastronomic sociological study, in other words.


It's also interesting to see how familiar products
are packaged, marketed, promoted, or adapted to other cultures;
I can still taste that Peach-flavored 7-Up in had in Vienna...


Singapore this time of the year is all about Christmas,
and I saw a couple of softdrinks that I drink regularly,
but with flavors new to me, and packaging perfect for the season:



RASPBERRY 7-UP


LIME COKE



I really wanted to handcarry a bunch of Lime Cokes
for pasalubong, and as extra-cheap Christmas Gifts,

but unfortunately,
Changi Airport doesn't allow any liquids over 100ml
to be brought into flights. Tsk Tsk Tsk...


I still tried to sneak in a couple of bottles,
but got busted by the x-ray machines.

Long story short,
so as not to waste them,
I drank 2 bottles, a total of 1 liter of Lime Coke,
in 15 minutes,

and felt them sloshing and splashing around
all the way back to Manila!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spanks,

You missed Whatever and Anything cola...they are the latest buzz here in Sing (have not tried though)

http://www.anything.com.sg/

http://www.slashfood.com/2007/06/13/surprise-soda-when-you-really-dont-know-what-you-want/

December 4, 2007 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Ruy said...

You made me thirsty! I'm like a soda guzzling machine and that raspberry flavored soda there looks mighty good.=)

December 4, 2007 at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!