Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Beautiful, BETTY!

Here's the oxymoronic main benefit
of coming down with a fever
in this age of digital media;

a chance to catch up on DVDs
that were previously ignored,
such as this one:


I've always thought that UGLY BETTY
was really a telenovela-type TV show,
more of a chick flick-type series,
more pathos than comedy,
more drama than laughs.


My mom and sister marathoned through Season One,
and a couple of weeks ago,
my cabalen and fellow DiBiDi fanatic Peejay
texted that the show was actually pretty good.

Still,
I resisted until I caught an episode on StarWorld,
the one where (Ugly Betty producer) Salma Hayek
takes off her blouse in an elevator
and shows off her bountiful bosom.



Well, after that,
I had to see more...
literally and figuratively.


If laughter is the best medicine,
then I have to thank Ugly Betty
for getting me back on my feet
much quicker than anticipated.

UGLY BETTY now joins
30 ROCK and THE OFFICE
as my new Must-Watch comedies.

It's the funniest show
about dysfunctional families,
and their shenanigans concerning
murder, fetishes, infidelity, & sibling rivalry
since this overlooked classic:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, Ugly Betty is a great show! America F. is wonderful, and the rest of the cast is fantastic as well. The storylines are always interesting and the characters so well-played!! I would love to meet Daniel Mead. Hehehe.

October 10, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!