Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"Yung SERIAL NUMBER ng PANSIT, kailangan din niyo?"


after last week's ultra-absurd Starbucks Incident
at the Shang Cineplex,

i thought i would be safe, at least for this week, from the inanities
of over-eager security officers in my beloved metropolis.

I. WAS. WRONG.



I was entering the DEPARTMENT of TOURISM building
this afternoon when I was politely stopped by
a female guard with what I thought was a very odd request:

"Sir, paki-iwan po ang Serial Number ng laptop niyo."


HUH??!?!?!?



1st,
I have no idea what my laptop's serial number is.
Nor where to find it.


2nd,
I'd been regularly attending meetings at the DOT since 2004,
and all of a sudden,
they need my laptop's frickin' serial number?!?!?


3rd,
as you can see from the picture above,
my laptop is like a beloved 12-year old pet dog:
it's obviously getting along in years,
it's not as beautiful as it once was,
and it's surely getting a lot slower,
but I love it anyway.



4th,
aside from my laptop,
i was carrying a steaming bilao of pansit for the merienda meeting.


5th,
after an awkward couple of minutes of looking for the gaddem serial number,
the security officer and I finally guesstimated

that one of the series of numbers
at the bottom of my laptop was The. Serial. Number.


6th.
I was already getting sore and irritated from the delay,
and then I was told that I still had to fill out a freakin' form.
WTF!!!


and finally,


7th.
And so, as I was finally allowed to proceed to my meeting,
I could not resist muttering:
"YUNG SERIAL NUMBER NG PANSIT, KAILANGAN DIN NIYO???"



This is the wonderful CHA MISUA from My Favorite Luncheonette,
TERRY'S along Bambang in Santa Cruz, Manila.

Overloaded with Quail Eggs and Peanuts,
it's what I call the "Arthritis Special",
or the RAYUMA GAYUMA!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mina Mimi said...

sa school namin may kelangan na form (blue form) na dala mo dapat tuwing dala mo yung laptop or a big camera like SLR or anything big (i once saw a student bring a remote controlled plane for a school project. pati yun hiningan ng form.) they said ksi its for the prevention of theft in our school. baka ganun din yung sa DOT?

May 10, 2007 at 12:34 AM  
Blogger spanx said...

yup, most likely.


heard this is the policy in la salle too.... but i'm pretty sure that la sallians have more laptops than all of the D of T!!!

May 10, 2007 at 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also try Sincerity Restaurant in Nueva St., Binondo. The fried chicken there is the best I ever tasted...

May 10, 2007 at 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's merienda time. Tummy's grumbling. That pancit looks damn good!!!

May 10, 2007 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And oh I agree with Anonymous. Sincerity restaurant's fried chicken is AWESOME!

May 10, 2007 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ano yon itlog pugo?

May 15, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!