Saturday, November 11, 2006

MeZZe's CAESAR SALAD PIZZA



As my dear old dad taught me,
the best night out is when you have
lots of pulutan,
lots of drinks, &
lots of babes (!).

Just got home from MEZZE's,
which has all three in abundance.

Bobong Velez's re-entry into the resto/bar/club biz
after the legendary FACES and DONA NENA'S of the '90s,

Mezze's features "small plate dining",
which makes it sort of a TAPAs bar,
very much like the late Jai-Alai legend
Senor Jesus' CASA ARMAS.

Every good restaurant must have a signature dish;
Iberian Chicken, awash with olive oil & garlic,
is that of Casa Armas.

And I suppose,
based on the number of diners
that were happily munching on theirs,
Mezze's specialty ought to be this scrumptious pizza.


My great friend Dolores,
who treated us to dinner,
ordered for the group.

And since I neither read the menu
(too busy gulping down the wine)
nor brought my camera,

I was just too happy to take home
the leftover slices of what I call the
CAESAR'S SALAD PIZZA,
and take a picture for posterity.

What's it like?

Think of that "freshly made at tableside"
Caesar's dressing that you used to enjoy
at Mario's on Session Road in Baguio...

generously slather it on a crispylicious thin crust
that will remind you of North Park's Pinsek Frito,

and top the whole thing with loads of crisp lettuce strips.
(i actually found the chicken chunks unnecessary)

SOO DAMN GOOD!!!


I'll definitely go back to Mezze's soon;
the pizza goes perfectly with their
ALL-YOU-CAN-DRINK-WINE
(red or white) Happy Hour!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!