Monday, January 25, 2010

Finally, Authentic FISH & CHIPS Arrive in Manila!!!

Ever since I found out that the fave food
of the Fab Four was Fish & Chips...





I resolved to nosh on this classic
#1 English fast food at the source;

and I was fortunate enough to take a trip
to the U.K. a decade ago, and the first meal
I had, not surprisingly, was Fish and Chips!!!

It was love at first bite:


the crunchy beer batter, the oily-salty chips (french fries),
the creamy, flaky haddock fillets, all wrapped in newspaper.

Unforgettable!!!






I've been lucky; through my travels,
I've visited former colonies of the British Empire;
and it makes sense to me that they know how to do F&C right.

And so, from Australia to Singapore and most recently, Canada,



the first thing I look for,
is, always,
a sign for

FISH & CHIPS!






For a long time,
in our beloved Pilipinas,

which was only under British Rule for only a couple of years
(1762-1764),
authentic Fish and Chips were nowhere to be found.

Most restaurants would serve versions that tasted like tempura,
and instead of malt vinegar, horrible versions of tartar sauce.



That is,
until a few months ago...



Take my word for it,

THE BEST
THE MOST AUTHENTIC
THE CRUNCHY-CREAMIEST
THE MALT VINEGAR-EST FISH & CHIPS

in the Philippines, are at the MoMo Cafés!!!



I'm Chuffed ",)



MoMo Café
Robinson's Place Manila
Manila Midtown Wing
tel: 567-3417

MoMo Café
G/F Eastwood Mall,
Libis QC
tel: 900-1006



WARNING:
No Reservations are accepted during weekends;
why? I don't know, something fishy there... ><((((o>
so come in early, specially for Sunday Dinner!


P.S.
ask your server not to slather the tartar sauce on the fish!

3 Comments:

Blogger motionmigs said...

Very enticing fish and chips right there! I can't wait for that day when I have my hands on my first fish and chips meal...wrapped in newspaper.

January 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Trip or Treats said...

isn't it good! Mr. Jones & Chelsea also have the same dish, pero Momo is cheaper!

January 27, 2010 at 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't have been that good. they are closed

September 15, 2017 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!