Friday, August 07, 2009

MANILA ROGUE




So I open up this month's issue
of my favorite magazine...



and I do a double-take and a spit-take,
I hear a snare drum bang out a punchline,
and I start feeling all warm & fuzzy,

(probably exactly how our brand new
NATIONAL DISASTRIST CARLO J. CAPARAS
felt when he learned of his latest massacre)





Seriously?

To be placed in the same category
as my Pinoy Foodie Blogger Icons:

and my mentor,

as well as my friends
and




I. AM. DEEPLY. HONORED.





Exactly a year ago,
I wrote about my collection of ROGUE magazines
(complete and in near-mint condition from issue #1)



"... the only Men's Magazine that my Female Friends
don't throw like a discus aimed at my head
when they see me reading it in public!

And they actually end up borrowing it
after browsing through its pages."





"It isn't as sophomorically titillating as FHM and its ilk,
but then again, there's absolutely no need for it to be so;

ROGUE,
quite simply, is one of the best Philippine Publications around,
period.


The most articulate writers, the most interesting columns,
the most intelligent fiction, the most stunning pictures.

Yes, I really do buy it for the articles....



SMART is the new SEXY!"







As if appearing with my favorite foodies
in my favorite magazine wasn't enough,

NEIL OSHIMA,
one of the country's great photographers,
took the shots for the spread.

The last time I posed for him
was when I modeled for a Beer Calendar,
around 15 years and 30 pounds ago.



And then, to top it all off,
MANILA BOY
is the blog that the editors
choose to use as a preview of the feature on








To the Rogues at Rogue,
once again, thanks thanks...


and special mention to
NIKKI
for making sure I showed up for the shoot with my pretzels,


and special mention to
CLIFF
for capturing the true essence of this blog in his write-up!





Oh, and if you want a taste of the
BEST DAMN PRETZELS
in all of MetroManila, just visit:


on Jupiter Street in Makati!

3 Comments:

Blogger goodfor2 said...

congrats

August 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger spanx said...

thanks thanks

(twice the thanks, good for 2!)

August 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Anonymous BETWEEN BITES said...

Hi Spanx,

I love the thought and planning
and organization and dedication
that went into this list. (Hmm.. I think I've heard this before...)

Hahaha! Like the stack of magazine!

Jane
BETWEEN BITES
http://www.janedchua.com

August 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!