Thursday, March 06, 2008

Bayani Fernando's Favorite Song? John Cougar's PINK HOUSES


Well there's a young man in a t-shirt
listening to a rock and roll station.
He's got greasy hair, greasy smile,
he says: Lord, this must be my destination!

Cuz they told me, when I was younger,
Boy, youre gonna be president
but just like everyting else, those old crazy dreams
just kinda came and went...

Oh but aint that MetroManila, for you and me
Aint that MetroManila, were someting to see baby
Aint that MetroManila, home of the free,
little pink houses for you and me




Ironic pink men's urinals,
pink pedestrian overpass eyesores,
and now, these awful "PINK" lines are starting
to sprout up like unwanted hairs all over the city,

haphazardly painted on sidewalks,
this early, most of them are fading away,
millions of pesos of paint wasted on the latest
pink-fetish Bayani brainstorm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!