Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another BLOODY LECHON Celebration!!!

My faculty and operations officers
demanded PORK.

Somehow,
the must have sensed that my birthday theme
this year revolved around roasted pigs.




I searched far and wide in the wilds
of Quezon Avenue for the requested treat;

and in a part of MetroManila more renowned
for the cheesecake of these famous bakeries:
Pegasus, Heartbeat, and Classmate (!)

I was challenged to find the LECHON
for this ravenous assembly of nurses...



Fortunately,
I didn't have to travel to far off La Loma.


I found a JULIET'S LECHON outlet
at the Crossings Supermarket
near the Maalikaya Barbershop,

and chanced upon a beautiful specimen
with that mouthwatering red-orange skin tone,
the perfect kind that's got just the right bite,
crispy, crunchy, substantial, and not too fatty.

And since "Babe" had just been delivered,
I got first dibs on the parts I wanted:

that flavorful part right smack
in the middle of the torso,
with the ribs and tenderloin....


Oh,

the dinuguan was served to maximize
our collective cholesterol guilt,
and it was bloody good as well.




P.S.
for dessert, we had Lipitor!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruy said...

Maalikaya. Haha.=)
Is that the store where they used to sell lechon wraps?

November 21, 2007 at 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is the rice!!!lets eat!!

November 22, 2007 at 3:40 AM  
Anonymous abing p. said...

Hi! Do you have a contact number for Juliet's Lechon? Been looking for it for weeks. Hope you could help me. Thanks!

abingcp@yahoo.com

August 22, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!