Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wedding Postponed due to PLUNDER


This picture was taken during my brother Joey's wedding.

His Ninong Erap's gift?
He paid for the whole wedding reception party,
dinner, drinks, and all.

I coerced then-Vice President Joseph Estrada
to agree to be the Ninong during my own wedding,
and he had no choice, actually;




a long time ago,
Erap had promised his good friend,
Atty. Eddie Enriquez, my father,
that he would "sponsor" the weddings of my dad's sons.

It's a long story,
but suffice to say, my dear old dad

was there with Erap right at the genesis
of his political career,
his first campaign for Mayor of San Juan.

Their subsequent all-nighter 'til 6am
Scotch sessions are still the stuff of legend
here on Oroquieta Street.

The impeached President,
for all his supposed sins,
is nothing if not loyal to his old friends.



Flash-forward to 2001,
President Estrada gets kicked out of Malacanang,
and today, six years later,
he's sentenced to Reclusion Perpetua.


THAT's WHY
I'm still single.
I've been waiting for Ninong Erap to confirm
his presence at my big fat postponed wedding.




Oh well,
maybe proxy na lang si Jinggoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That's hilarious. Maybe Jibggoy can proxy. I remember thise days when Erap was always a ninong in weddings. I've attended 2 and I remember seeing him give a wad of cash when he danced with the bride. I secretly wished that he can be our ninong also. Then he became president then I didn't see him so much as a ninong anymore.

Wait- do you have a gf ba? Or like any other Atenean- are you waiting to get set up? I notice these Pinoy private school guys are like that- they need someone to set them up... just so they won't be accountable for their own conquests.

Ay, parang I wrote a personal email. Haha. Ok, Stop blaming Erap na and go get yourself a date...

September 18, 2007 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger spanx said...

nice one, val!


yes, like any other Atenean, i love being set up.

look at First Gentleman Mike Arroyo, he got set up by Joey de Venecia. ",

well, am single, yes. find me a date?

unlike the aforementioned Mr. Arroyo, i'm always accountable. hahaha!

September 18, 2007 at 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm totally not in Manila- and all my friends there are either
a) married
b) happily separated and they'd rather remain that way
c) desperately single looking for THE one. I really don't want to have to put you through that.

Although I do know Malou F is single. :)

September 20, 2007 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!