Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mayor Lim brings Manila back to THE DARK AGES

the formerly bright & beaming
BAYWALK
8:30pm, Tuesday, September 11

photo by
CARLOS CELDRAN


F*CK.

I'm absolutely heartbroken by this.
Mayor Lim has not only shut down Baywalk,
he's also shut off all those cheerful lights.


Crusty Curmdudgeon.
Miserly Scrooge.


Alfredo Lim!!!


There's another Manila Boy who's as angry as I am,
and I've asked
Carlos' permission
to reprint his first-person account in full:




WALK THIS WAY
Wednesday, September 12, 2007

by Carlos Celdran

KVETCH! KVETCH! KVETCH!

It's MadiLIM under LIM.


Okay.

It's confirmed.
It's pretty much a state of calamity over in Malate.

Not only did I drive by Roxas Boulevard last night
and NOT SEE A SINGLE streetlamp working
on the side closest to the sea
(above photo taken in front of Aristocrat and Plaza Sulayman at 8:30pm),

but the crosslight was also defunct
causing pedestrians to wait at least twenty minutes
for a free space to RUN across the street to the promenade.
There isn't even a real sidewalk on the side closest to the buildings!



Mayor Lim,
How do you expect pedestrians to get around???

Fly?
Not everyone owns a bloody car you know.



And you know what else happened?

In the darkness of it all,
the spare tire was stolen from the back of my sister's Honda CRV
as it was parked on the street!
It was screwed right off it's placement on the rear door.
And it was parked on the side nearest the fountain
on the corner of MH del Pilar! Under streetlamps!

This never happened to me in the freaking two years
I've been living in Malate under Atienza.



MAYOR LIM!!! What the HELL!!!!????

You said crime was your priority.
This totally proves otherwise.

Lame f***ing duck.

Retire already
and find someone more energetic to get the job done.

I am so not feeling you,
you f***ing old goat.

I'm serious.
If I see you, I'll spit on you.


Your hundred days are up.

Get your act together NOW or go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!