Tuesday, July 31, 2007

KAPALMUX : Must Be The Fookin' Eyebrows!!!

Text message from my friend Joanne,

just a few minutes ago:



"i got 2 watch d drama series s ch. 2...

kamukha m pla c loyd samartino"




there might be some truth here, actually.





My late great Dad's last GF

before he married my beloved Mom,



was none other than Lloyd Samartino's own mother,

Carmen Patena!!!



'langhiya, baka nga nakasingit si Erpats. Hahahahaha!!!













This got me thinking about other showbiz men that I've been told,

I sort of look like, from the '80s to the present:




William Martinez:

once, during the BAGETS era,

my Lola Sally actually called up the house one summer afternoon

to ask my mom what the hell I was doing on TV;



apparently, my Lola saw William getting down to "Growing Up",

and totally thought that her grandson had entered showbiz.









Louie Heredia:

I actually shared a tent with him in Mt. Makiling during his pre-singer days,

back when we were both Boy Scouts at the Ateneo High School.


He weighed around 300 lbs. then, at 16 years old,

before he slimmed down and sang "Can't Find No Reason".



Mr. Big:
I was stoked when an ex-GF stared deep into my eyes,
all Carrie Bradshaw like,
and told me that I was her "Mr. Big".
I'm really not sure what she meant,
if it was a compliment on my deep, dark eyebrows,
or if she was referring to the way our relationship
kept falling into seemingly hopeless pits and valleys,
just like that of the starcrossed couple from Sex and the City.




Well,
enough nonsense for now,
I'm meeting a lovely date at 11pm
to welcome her August 1 birthday,

and I still have to put on my William Martinez neon-pastel layered outfit,
look for my Louie Heredia minus-one tape,
and write down witty lines to impress her with, a la Mr. Big!!!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pare, ang kamukha mo si Dave Navarro. Any Navarro relations?

July 31, 2007 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger spanx said...

hahaha! oo nga no, tama yan, i get weirded out when i was watching RockStar INXS ",

August 1, 2007 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger alejandre501 said...

ahaha...you really did post it in your blog...so make up your mind..whom would you like to be "sepatated by birth"?????

August 1, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

GOT weirded out,

i meant to say...
nagmistula pa naman guro ng wikang inggles!!!

August 1, 2007 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger alejandre501 said...

that's what they call..typo error...

August 2, 2007 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Ares Gutierrez said...

Hi...sori mangengelam lang...di ba si Carmen Soriano ang ermats ni Lloyd? Parang singer yata yung Carmen Patena...BTW, your blog makes me feel like I'm still in Pinas

August 4, 2007 at 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grow a mustache- so you will be Mr. BIG-ote... ay corny...

August 18, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!