Monday, July 23, 2007

A Love Affair, REKINDLED.

"Rage, Rage,
Against the Dying of the Light...."



I really, really thought
that my passion for Boracay had waned.

Perhaps,
the rowdy crowds that had lined its shores,
the advertising collaterals that replaced the leaves on the trees,
the concrete buildings that mushroomed by the beach,

made me think of the island
as a formerly dewy, innocent girl
getting corrupted by commerce,
starting to wear too much make-up,
and suddenly becoming the local tart.



But I'm glad that I got her alone again,
in a manner of speaking,
all to myself during this off-peak season,

and this beach lover,
once again rediscovered the intimate pleasures of solitude
that awaited in this most beautiful of islands.



And like the sunset pictured above,
my love for the beaches of Boracay, it seems,
will not go gentle into that good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!