Friday, July 20, 2007

BORACAY or BORA?

Boracay, May 1991:

no electricity,
no ice,
no crowds,
no trash.




"Ch-ch-ch-changes....",
Davie Bowie used to sing.

I fear and feel that the Boracay of yore
has disappeared,
just like the slimmer versions of cousin JJ and myself
from 16 (!!!) years ago,

and like JJ and I,
my beach is starting to be just a bit battle-weary,
showing the ravages of too much hard partying
over the past decade and a half.



Nonetheless,
I'll be off to my island in six hours time,
and yes,
I have to admit,
I'm so damn pumped to see her again,

never mind the thousands of Koreans
that I expect to see stabbing the soft white sand
with the stiletto heels their women are predisposed
to wear while on the island.



I just hope that I won't
have to write this upon my return...


Bora, July 2007:

electronica is blaring 24/7,
ice-cold drinks are overpriced,
crowds of jologs in basketball shorts,
most of the clubs are pretty trashy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!