Saturday, July 25, 2009

WHAT IF all the PHILIPPINE PRESIDENTS belonged to ONE FIRST FAMILY?



Ferdinand Marcos,
the distant, disciplinarian grandfather
who somehow lost the family fortune.

Imelda Marcos,
the ditzy "lola" who shows up floating on a cloud of perfume,
bearing gifts, kisses, and the odd piece of unsolicited advice.

Fidel Ramos,
the sneaky uncle who always seems to be up to something,
but somehow never gets caught smoking.

Joseph Estrada,
the family underachiever who never graduated from college,
but still the most lovable "tito", thanks to all his jokes.

Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo,
The Evil Stepmother.



And
Cory and Ninoy?
MOM and DAD!!!


That's how I've always felt
about the courageous couple that
gave birth to our current Democracy.


Imperfect and immature
though it may be,
as with any growing child,
their baby surely deserves
all the love and care we can give.

After all,
we belong to the same family.







I'm quite happy that there is a resurgence
in Ninoy's popularity,
and more and more of the post-EDSA generation
are learning that he's more
than just a face on the P500 bill.


And as for Cory?

She's fighting the battle of her life,
but somehow,


I think she's already won.








for the complete details
about the new film on Ninoy,
and narrated mostly by Cory,


click on the:


2 Comments:

Blogger Ling said...

i'm glad that a lot of my generation get to know ninoy. my parents already taught me early on about him and his legacy, although i was a mere toddler when people power 1 happened. they kept on explaining to me ninoy's contribution to democracy.

August 2, 2009 at 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow every role fits very well! I find FVR's part really funny. Everything's cute except for the cory and ninoy's part because I was too young back then to make a concrete judgment about them. I never had any idea that the country was in chaos or that people were being tortured at that time, all I can remember is that prices and tuition fees went sky high after the edsa revolution, crimes are everywhere, my parents became executives and though their salaries tripled, it cannot compensate for the exponential rising of commodities. I really wonder what freedom are they talking about when I am stuck here at home, can't go out because recently criminals were shot, 2 women were hold up victims, can't commute because there's 1 snatcher/holdupper/maniac for every 10 women and some geniuses were grieving about the human rights of summary executed criminals. Sorry if I can't contribute any grain of remorse because my parents and grandparents are of spanish origin and were disciplinarians and not some ill mannered chinese people.

August 18, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!