Sunday, July 12, 2009

This is now a NO SMOKING AREA

Well, it happened.


I wish I could say that I had planned it,
but thanks to a case of Acute Pharyngitis
coupled with not a little bit of paranoia
about the A(H1N1) virus, it's been a month.




That's right,
I've been

Cigarette Free
for exactly 30 days today,

and I'm thinking, and hoping,
I might as well ditch the old yosi
for the rest of my days.




Coincidentally,
I had my last stick on June 12.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!








This past month has been all peaks and valleys.



My mom's brother and his lovely wife,
Papa Jo and Tita Myr,
celebrated their Golden Wedding anniverary,
and it was one of the happiest occasions ever.



A week later, my dad's only sister,
my Ninang Cora,
suffered a stroke, and a few days later,
she peacefully passed away in her sleep.

She never married, and dedicated her life to God;
and when I was eight, she gave me my first Bible.

She used to teach at the University of the East;
and when I turned ten, she taught me how to type.

Shen loved to cook for her family and many friends,
and along with my mom, she taught me how to bake.




Amazing to think how much of a second mother she was.
And so, I dedicate my quitting smoking, to her.

I know that she prayed that I would do so while she lived,
and even now,
I really do think that would make her very happy indeed.

This one's for you, "Ka Cors"!!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Congratulations Spanky! :D Am happy for and proud of you!

July 13, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger spanx said...

hey mommy to be!!!


thank you, thank you!
been wanting to do so for years;
i guess a Lifestyle Change
is imminent for both of us now.

hahaha ",)

July 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smoked from age 13 to 27....... You can do it. Just reach for a toothpick after meals or over beers with the guys. carry them on you. It'll give you sumthin to do orally which is the key.. I gained 17 pounds in 5 weeks as food tasted much better lolz..... Ricardo in san fran cali...

July 14, 2009 at 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!