Monday, September 01, 2008

The Kris Aquino MOONCAKE



Sheeeeeshhhhh...

I must be more of a Deal Or No Deal fan than I originally thought;
I couldn't resist buying that tin with Kris' likeness!


Is Ms.Patrimonio-Salvador-Marquez-Yap's talent fee
making the prices of mooncakes skyrocket
all the way to the, well... moon???

This mooncake (actual size below) cost P150.00 in Binondo,
and it's just a simple Lotus Paste-Two Egg variant.


It was worth it though...
sweet and savory in one bite,
both flavors blending perfectly,

the salty itlog na maalat
a perfect counterpoint
to the sugary filling.



BUT...


My soul is not satisfied that I have tasted that mooncake.
My sight searches for another as though I need to go to Ongpin.
My heart looks for another mooncake, and it is not with me.

The same night whitening the same trees.
We, of that time, are no longer the same...




With acute Neruda-like longing,
I reallly need to have the FIVE KERNEL mooncake,
that one with the wonderfully dense-malagkit-chewy filling of
almonds, kundol (winter melon), salted eggyolks,
and watermelon seeds.




Which brings us to the
$$$ 64 MILLION DOLLAR $$$
Question:

Who's in charge of all that butong pakwan
that are in these 5-Kernel mooncakes,
and pray tell,
exactly how do they break open the seeds?!?!?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ruy said...

Hahaha! Winner post. They bit them open I guess and if you get lucky you might find a sixth kernel! Waaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Joke.

September 1, 2008 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger TheTypicalGuy said...

I just...don't want...to think about it, Spanx...

September 2, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger spanx said...

>>> ruy/patrick:


my philosophy in eating mooncakes
with lots and lots of peeled (!)
butong pakwan is one of simple
RECKLESS IMPRUDENCE.

ang sarap talaga eh!!!!


and it can't be worse than
the "double dips" at my
favorite fishball vendor ",)

September 2, 2008 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

for all those who love mooncake, i prefer to lick her face.
back to real business, I am the victim of eating mooncake Lotus variety with bok bok smell n dialia
this store is suppose to be the mooncake original. but I am dissapointed. one of the low pay employee told me they use recycle filling or material, let all be known to avoid further victim!
FAR ESTERN Mooncke at Royal Garden Rest. Gandara st. corner Ongpin

September 2, 2008 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger joelemmanuel said...

I love mooncake... I like Kris... so, let's get ready to rumble! lol!

September 2, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's an interesting find you have there... esp the Kris box... :)

September 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!