Monday, January 29, 2007

... and on THE SIXTH DAY




True Confession Time
:

I never have finished watching a complete season of 24.

Way back in 2001,
back when my VCR was still functioning
and dibidis still cost P250 each (!!!) in Greenhills,
I taped a few episodes of 24's Season 1 off RPN-9.

I never did get around to watching them past the 4th "hour",
and never got around likewise to buying the DVD Box Set of Season 1,
or any other of the other 4 seasons of 24 for that matter.

I thought the high-concept gimmick would wane quickly,
and it seemed to do so after I read the disappointing reviews of Seasons 2-3.

And then, Season 4 came along
and was called "the best season of 24, ever",


and when Season 5 was simply called
the "best TV show on air, period",
I knew I had to see what the heck was going on in 24-land.




I dilly-dallied further until I finally tested the waters
with the 1st 4 episodes of Season 6....

and I just finished viewing four of the best hours
of television I've seen in years.

I'VE BEEN BLOWN AWAY.
yes, 24 is The Bomb!!!!


they should give a gold medal to that marketing genius
who had the bright idea of officially releasing
the 1st 4 episodes of Season 6 on DVD,
a day after they were shown in the US of A two weeks ago....


you can start right here,
and be absolutely confident of not getting lost
in Jack Bauer's groundhog day world,
and without fear or trepidation
of being confused by all the characters and events;

the 1st 4 episodes of S.6 can be considered as stand-alone episodes,
and you will enjoy them despite not having seen
any of the previous 5 "days",
the first 120 episodes of the show.



at worst,
these 4 episodes will make you an instant 24 fanatic,

and at best,
you'll be compelled,
just like me,

to run to Q and get the box sets with the complete Seasons 1-5,
and that's exactly what I plan to do 1st thing tomorrow!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Noelle Q. de Jesus said...

Have you seen Weeds?

January 30, 2007 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger spanx said...

yup, got the DVD of Seasons 1-2 in Quiapo too.

watched the first 5 episodes already, and in tone, it sort of reminds me of Six Feet Under.

January 30, 2007 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!