Sunday, November 26, 2006

a G.K. party : Great Kids of Gawad Kalinga!



My boozin'friend H.R. Jovy,
along with her fellow Timog Q.C. ROTARACT-ians (?),
Dentist Johann and Lawyer Christine,
decided to celebrate their November Birthdays
with the GAWAD KALINGA kids
in a resettlement area in Tandang Sora.

Since it was recently my b-day too,
I volunteered to pitch in and host the party...

turns out,
despite having to wake up at the ungodly hour
of 7am (!) on a Saturday morning,
I enjoyed every minute of it:

the Statue Dance
with the Wowowee BOOM TARAT-TARAT X'Mas remix;
(this will be this year's PINOY AKO/SPAGHETTI SONG/KETCHUP SONG
the song that everyone will dance to in Christmas Parties
all over Da Pilipins.... learn the steps now!!!
)



the Tongue Twisters:
PITOMPU'T PITONG PUTING PATING
(77 White Sharks),
and the classic BOTICA-BITUKA,
still mangled after all these years;

and I even resurrected my line-up of Balloon Twists:
the Daschund, Askal, and Giraffe.
I know, I know.... so much variety, right?
Well, I did manage to recall how to make
the Sword & Indian Headband.
Hahahaha!

Good times, Good times!!!



I'm supposed to be inducted into
the Rotary Club of Makati-Mc Kinley
this coming Wednesday.

I don't know too much yet about the Rotarians,
and still less about Gawad Kalinga.

but if yesterday's activity was an indication
of what's possible?

I'M IN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!