Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Love My SEXY Name!!!




In my life,
I've met more animals than people named "Spanky".


I can't tell you how many times I've heard friends say:
"Hey, you've got the same name as my dog/goldfish/hamster!!!"

Even Michael Jackson's dog was my tocayo.







While I'm pleased that my dear old dad
gave me a unique name, after this "Little Rascal":


I had to go through a lot of teasing growing up,
not just because of my canine nickname, but also
because the two Spankys in pop culture then were:

Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club mascot,
Spanky the Elephant;

VST & Company bassist and TODAS comedian,
Spanky Rigor;



Thankfully,
I discovered these more serious Spankys:

Nora Aunor's co-star in the classic "Himala",
the actor Spanky Manikan;


Former PLDT General Counsel and Senior Executive VP,
USec. Spanky Perez;




A few years ago, I found out what "Spanking the Monkey" meant,
and if that wasn't bad enough, there's the X-rated "Spunk",
which incidentally, is how some GROs mispronounce my name!
("Spunk... pag-four pa kita ng beer?")


And speaking of which,
what the hell is this DVD all about?!?!?!






I've realized that my name,
compared to the cute and funny connotations of my childhood,
now is more of a catchphrase for the kinky and the risqué,
including Madonna's ode to the joys of spanking:

"Some girls, they like candy, and others, they like to grind,
I'll settle for the back of your hand somewhere on my behind.
Treat me like I'm a bad girl, even when I'm being good to you,
I don't want you to thank me, you can just spank me. Mmm.

Like hanky panky [hanky panky],
Nothing like a good spanky [good spanky]"





Nowadays, more people call me "Spanx";
and sure enough,
it became the hottest name in ladies' underwear:


Yup, even OPRAH loves SPANX!!!




But "Spanky" will always be more popular, I guess;
my friend Yats just sent me this pic
of a very indecent bar she saw in Bangkok:





I'll forever remember with fondness,
those days of innocent Spanky/Spanx,
but at this point, this is exactly
what my names stand for:





But enough about my name.

How Sexy is YOUR name?


to find out, click here:
THE SEXY NAME DECODER

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sexy name decoder's hilarious! i like spanky, cute name actually ;)

August 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger spanx said...

hey tei,

thanks!!!
so what were the sexy name results
for the decoded "tei" and "thea"?

August 18, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sexy is my name? hmmm let's see... thea = "temptress hungering for erotic affection". how about that?! :-)

btw, is spanky your real name or just a nick?

August 18, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!