Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band



It was thirty four years ago today,
Pres. Marcos taught the country to pray
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to make us cry.

So may I re-introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years,
Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band.

We're Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band,
We hope you will enjoy the show,

We're Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band,
Sit back and let the country go.
Pres. Marcos' lonely, Pres. Marcos' lonely,
Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band.

It's wonderful to be here,
There's so much we can steal.

You're such a docile audience,
We'd like to take you home with us,
We'd love to take you home.

I don't really want to stop the show,
But I thought that you might like to know,
That the singer's going to sing a song,
And he wants you all to sing along.
So let me introduce to you...

The one and only Martial Law
And Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band...


Maaarrrrttiiiaaaalllll Lawww!!!!


What would you think if I throw you in jail,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll shout in your face,
And I'll try not to sequester your home.

Oh I get by with a little help from Enrile,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my Ver,
Mmm I'm gonna to try with a little help from my military.

What do you do when freedom is away.
(Does it worry you to be corrupt)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No, I get by with a little help from Tatad,
Mmm I get high with a little help from Danding,
Mmm I'm gonna to try with a little help from Kokoy!

Do you need anybody?
I need more money to steal.
Could it be anybody?
I just want somebody to kill.

Would you believe in dictatorship at first sight?
Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you turn out the light?
I can't tell you, but I know it's gold!

Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends

NEVER FORGET.
September 21, 1972
Martial Law.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,

Napa-sing-along ako sa post mo. Ang galing!!!

September 21, 2006 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Tanman said...

Haha, nice one Spanx!

September 27, 2006 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!