Monday, September 18, 2006

C2 is GOLDEN



it's hard to believe that less than 18 months ago,
hardly anyone was drinking "Green Tea".

there were a couple of imported brands available,
but they were too expensive for everyday refreshment.

then one fine day in early 2005,
i opened my cousin Tet-Tet's fridge
and saw these curious bottles with the terse
alphanumeric "C2" written in calligraphy.

I "borrowed" one, twisted the cap off,
took my first sip,
and fell in love.

I thought I was drinking an imported drink
until I realized that it was a local URC product.
(Universal Robina Corporation)
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

In less than 2 years
~~
via savvy marketing,
prime placement in supermarket gondolas
and convenience store refrigerated cases,
Cool & Clean advertising campaigns,
and absurdly strong word-of-mouth,
C2 has forever changed the drinking habits of Pinoys!

While in very quick succession,
Zesto, Nestea, Lipton,
and the unfortunately named UNIF (!),
all came out with competing Green Teas,
C2 remains steadfast as the GOLD Standard.

From the original Green Tea and Lemon flavors
(both also available in sugarfree),
C2 can now be enjoyed in
Apple, Peach, & Lemon Iced Tea flavors.
The last one, I'm not sure if it's still around.
It may have been the only C2 flop,
since it didn't have that trademark Green Tea taste.

Last week,
during my Lola Sally's wake,
we had an endless supply of C2,
(thanks to my cousins' JayLarr Distribution!)
including the 4 New C2 Flavors:
Forest Berry, Kiwi, Lychee, and Strawberry
.

Forest Berry was by far the favorite new flavor;
it tastes like a Berry Good Skittles Iced Tea Drink.
YUMMY!!!

Congratulations, C2...
More Power 2U!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!