Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Judgment Day: AMERICAN IDOL finally, unabashedly "Jumps the Shark"....

JUMP THE SHARK:

It's a defining moment when you know that your
favorite television program has reached its peak.
That instant when you know from now on, it's all downhill.

The phrase derives from a scene in the three-part 'Hollywood' episode
of the American TV series Happy Days, broadcast in September 1977.
The scene has 'The Fonz' (Henry Winkler), water skiing -
unaccountably still wearing his trademark leather jacket -


and jumping over a shark.





Paula babbled like a confused New Age Cardiologist:
"I saw your soul..."
"I felt your heart...",

Simon blatantly lied about Archuleta
"crushing the competition",

and this was the night I totally lost respect for Randy Jackson....

if it sounds like a pimp,
acts like a pimp, looks exactly like a pimp,
nakanampochah,

Randy must be a pimp...
David Archuleta's Pimp!!!


Come on!!!
This was supposed to be "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" Night!!

Heartbreak Hotel is a rock classic.
Blue Suede Shoes is seminal rock & roll.

Love Me Tender is an Elvis essential, true,
but it is definitely, completely, absolutely NOT Rock!!!

And a sappy, corny version was Archuleta's song choice?



Please stop pimping and forcing Disney Boy down our throats;
THAT may just be the reason for
the apparent mental and musical breakdown of Jason Castro
who looks and sounds like he just doesn't care anymore,
and can't wait to get out of the show.


Archuleta's infinite cheesiness has almost ruined the show for me,
and judging by the sinking ratings this year,
this incessant fake praise of a mediocre teenstar wannabe
is ruining it for millions more.

SHEESSHHHHHHH.


David Cook is my favorite show's only chance for salvation!!!

(his weak Hungry Like The Wolf notwithstanding;
sorry, but Le Bon is untouchable!!!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Jason Castro is trying his hardest to get voted off - what else can be the reason for the disaster last night - either that or he smoked a little too much! Gotta respect the guy for wanting off - I still love him!
David Cook didn't look too happy either.

May 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger Jela said...

I definitely agree. Plus, I don't think they would want an all-guys final 3, so Jason is definitely screwed from the start. The two Davids are so gonna stay - I don't have problems with David Cook (he's my bet) but Archie hasn't had another good performance after Imagine.

May 8, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Didi said...

I can't believe that Syesha is still in the competition! Oh my!!

I never liked JC - I can't see the charm.

I have to stay - which ever David wins - deserves it!! Love DA and DC!!

May 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!