Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21, 1972 : BATAS MILITAR

NOW, THEREFORE, I,
FERDINAND E. MARCOS,
President of the Philippines,

by virtue of the powers vested upon me
by Article VII, Section 10, Paragraph ('2) of the Constitution,
do hereby place the entire Philippines
as defined in Article I, Section 1 of the Constitution

under martial law and,
in my capacity as their commander-in-chief,
do hereby command the armed forces of the Philippines,
to maintain law and order throughout the Philippines,
prevent or suppress all forms of lawless violence
as well as any act of insurrection or rebellion
and to enforce obedience to all the laws and decrees,
orders and regulations promulgated
by me personally or upon my direction.




It was thirty five years ago today,
Pres. Marcos made the country say "aray!"
He'd been going in and out of style
But he guaranteed to make us cry.

So may I re-introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years,
Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band...



We're Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band,
We hope you will enjoy the show,

We're Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band,
Sit back and let the country go.
Pres. Marcos' lonely, Pres. Marcos' lonely,
Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band.

It's wonderful to be here,
There's so much we can steal.

You're such a docile audience,
We'd like to take you home with us,
We'd love to take your home.



I don't really want to stop the show,
But I thought that you might like to know,
That the singer's going to sing a song,
And he wants you all to sing along.
So let me introduce to you...

The one and only Martial Law
And Pres. Marcos' Lonely Hearts Club Band...


Maaarrrrttiiiaaaalllll Lawww!!!!




What would you think if I throw you in jail,
Would you stand up and confess all to me?
Lend me your ears and I'll shout in your face,
And I'll try not to sequester your place.

Oh I get by with a little help from Enrile,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my Ver,
Mmm I'm gonna to try with a little help from my military.



What do you do when freedom is away.
(Does it worry you to be corrupt)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No, I get by with a little help from Tatad,
Mmm I get high with a little help from Danding,
Mmm I'm gonna to try with a little help from my wife!

Do you need anybody?
I just need Imelda to steal.
Could it be anybody?
There might be somebody to kill.




Would you believe in dictatorship at first sight?
Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you turn out the light?
I can't tell you, but I know it's gold!

Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends



NEVER FORGET.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Manila Boy's readers are from:
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!